Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We Weren't Born to Follow

I refuse to conform to society.
So why should I conform to the nonconformists?

I refuse to be ignored.
It doesn't mean I'll be arrogant.

I refuse to be silent.
It doesn't mean I'll shout out hypocrisy.

I refuse to be prideful.
So I just won't let up any room for self absorbing thought.

I refuse to be violent.
Doesn't mean I won't fight back.

I refuse to be pushed aside.
So I'll march against the main problem.

I refuse to be melting away in a melting pot.
So I'll be the one stirring the pot.

I refuse to be utterly destroyed.
So I'll stand up in the path of a devastating tank.

I refuse to be the book everyone reads.
I'll be the author of thousands.

I refuse to be a chicken, spending everyday of my life looking at the ground.
So I'll be the eagle, spending everyday of my life soaring above the clouds.

I refuse to change the world.
I want to be the catalyst for thousands to change the world.

I refuse to be drowned in my own evil.
So I'll build an ark.

I refuse to have my beliefs trampled.
I refuse to have my morals spat on.

I refuse to let my inner devil take control.
I refuse to let my inner saint be overpowered.

I refuse to follow the world.
Because we weren't born to follow.

I refuse to walk away when He calls.
This I will not refuse.

-Etrnl Creativity 2011

================================================

Bible Progress - Genesis Ch.37



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow I really like it
and I'm encouraged by your Bible progress update. maybe I'll do the same.