Transmedia is flooded with Apple. You can almost smell the fruitiness of it from a mile away. I dare you to bring the new Windows phone to Shaefer, you may not leave alive. VPA is so immersed in Appleness that a PC user is basically shunned from everything. Walking down the halls of shaefer, students are working on their Macbooks in all forms: pro, air, vintage, ibook, g4s. We text, schedule, and do assignments on our iPhones and for the handful that are better off, iPads. I can always spot a VPA major in an academic environment. We always tend to write "notes" on our laptops or our sketchbooks. Half of the time we draw our notes in our sketchbooks and for some odd reason, we have our own dress code. Our professors are decked out in the most prestigious apple gear. Shaefer, ComArt, Crouse, and the Warehouse are havens for mac users and hell for PC users.
Want to print something? Gotta print it from a mac.
Want to use internet? Safari and Chrome only.
Everywhere you go you see the shining apple logo from everyone's macbooks and the familiar text tone of the iPhone. I admit, I have conformed to this apple nation. I can't help it. I wouldn't be able to do anything if I didn't have my Mac. In fact I've become so immersed in it that I have lost the ability to work a PC. I was trying to set up my personal preferences in the library PCs but I completely forgot how to change even my wallpaper. Apple has become my choice for tech. I cannot work with any other phone except my iPhone (and some of the Droids). Our professors absolutely despise and hate Windows with a burning passion. The first day of CAR 430 last semester was spent as a rant-fest of how we all hated Windows. The first hour of TRM 451 this semester was spent as a bash-fest on Blackberries. The nerd rage that goes on in class is my source of entertainment on Mondays and Tuesdays. Its interesting because ironically, those that hate Microsoft can't work without MS Office. Honestly I'm a 80% mac person. The other 20% goes out to Windows for gaming and MS Office.
I'm an apple convert and probably will stay that way for the rest of my life. I think all my fellow readers who are designers, producers, writers, artists, or just creatives in general can agree with me when I say Apple is definitely catered towards the creatives. Rarely do you see apple products in Whitman or Life Sciences. Overall it just comes down to personal preference unless you reside in one of the VPA buildings. Than you're forced to join the apple fanatics cult.
Bible Progress - Leviticus Ch.2