Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 and 1754 Pages to Go

Happy new years everyone!
Happy birthday Etrnl Creativity, you are now 3 years old.

...and with that we welcome a new year, new challenges, new blessings untold, and new memories.

I'm always fascinated around this time of the year when people always says "I know 20xx will be a good one", despite the fact that next year they're going to say "2011 was such a bad year, 2012 will be a good one". These people I've never understood but I guess its nice to hope for the best for a refreshing new year.

2011 is going to be the biggest year of my life thus far. In 1st grade when we had to take our state exams, we bubbled in our expected year of college graduation. In 1995, 2011 seemed like an eternity away. Senior year of high school we filled out our college apps and checked "class of 2011". Even then did 2011 seem like an eternity away. 4 years of high school felt like forever but 4 years of college just went poof. This is the year where many things will happen in my life, milestones will be accomplished, and the true beginning of the "real world". Theres many things that I want to do this year but it narrows down to one thing that I've finally mustered up enough willpower and faith to do; read the whole bible, cover to cover. Today I have read Genesis 1-3. Its something I've been wanting to do since forever but could never find the will to do. Maybe 2011 will finally be "the" year. I'll be reading on a 3 chapter a day schedule and if I follow it, I should be finished with the whole bible by December 27th, 2011. Once school picks up and job rush hits its gonna get tough. Hopefully I'm committed enough this time around. Personally it'll be a nice little test of faith and commitment.

From here on out I'll be posting my current place in the bible after every entry. My goal is to write "Revelation 22" at the end of my last entry for the year. 2011 has risen over the horizon and we've got 365 days to welcome new adventures and endure new hardships. 

I'm not a big fan of ddukgook but tradition calls and now I've gotta go get some. 

Have a blessed new year everyone!



Bible Progress - Genesis Ch.3



No comments: